FOUR SIDED FUEL INSPECTION
The 4-Face Fuel Inspection is performed during regular offload in a PWR to find failed fuel. A system of four HD cameras mounted on a frame is placed above the upender to record a video of all four sides and the bottom nozzle of each fuel assembly passing by. This gives an immediate verification of fuel assembly integrity, without affecting the critical path.
- Quad-side fuel inspection during regular offload, without affecting the critical path.
- 5th camera or tilt function for bottom nozzle inspection.
- Customer adapted turnkey system with HW, SW, installation and commissioning, ready for use.
- Custom built 4-face fuel inspection software included featuring video recording, playback of recorded files, slow motion in playback mode, text and audio input in recorded files and image measuring.
- Inspection of all four sides and bottom nozzle of fuel assemblies simultaneously
- Extensive zoom capabilities, x10 optical x10 digital, facilitate to find fuel failures
- Monitor can shift between one-side or quad-side mode, showing either one side of the fuel or all four sides at the same time
- Additional software available, e.g. bow measurement software for instant calculation of bending of fuel assemblies
- Possibility to stream video over the NPPs computer network
- Proven functionality; more than 25 4-face systems installed world-wide
|Material of components||Stainless steel, anodized aluminum|
|Weight of components||ca 400 kg (ca 880 lbs)|
|Maximum temperature||70°C (158°F)|
|Water tightness||min 3,5 bar (min 50 psi)|